Shaded Beauty

This was the first collaborative quilt effort I participated in. She represents woman's ability to give shade and protection to those she loves. Even in turbulent times, we are strong and resilient and bend when we need to. As Black women, we have endured so much, but yet we are still here....still strong.

The owl charm represents wisdom; the lady bug represents good fortune. At the top of the quilt is the ship that brought us here, but the land that is still in our hearts and spirit.

Comments

  1. Juanita,
    Your quilts are so beautiful! I've totally enjoyed seeing them. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and your words are so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juanita, can you please email me at kelsey@netspace.net.au....it's regarding the prize draw for my blog - http://ko-ok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juanita,
    This is really wonderful. You guys did a great job with this one. I really love all of your work. Tne jazz series is fantastic. Can't wait to see Ella. What about Sara?
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts are wonderful. Love your work. The Jazz Ensemble and Miles are my favorite. All are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Love love this one! I am a tree hugger and love images of trees. This one is really special!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment